My parents grow their own beets every season in their backyard and this year its its so many! I think they might be related to Dwight Schrute!
Its so much and we’ve eaten it like it is, boiled so much these last couple of weeks that it gotten to the point where its quite boring so I had an idea. Cake! Cake is always the answer. This one is so vibrant with the colours, a beauty indeed! The combination might seem odd but I promise you, its a perfect match!
For a cake tin of 24cm or a bundtcake (like pictured) you’ll need this:
- 200g/7 oz butter
- 4dl /1,7 cup flour
- 3dl /1,3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cardamom
- 2tbsp cinnamon
- 2ttbsp bakingpowder
- 2tbsp Vanillasugar
- 3 eggs
- 3dl/1,7 cup preboiled beets
- 3dl/1,7 cup walnuts
150g cream cheese
1,5dl powdered augar
1 pkt saffron (0,5g)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350F
- Grease the tin with butter.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar porous
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Stir in the dry ingredients
- Add melted butter.
- Grater the beets and chop the walnuts and add it to the mixture
- Make sure to grease the tin with alot of butter!
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. Let the cake cool down and remove the cake from the tin.
- Whip everything together
- Heat the icing abit in the microwave (about 10 sec each time) so that the icing will give a nice drop around the edges
Wish you all a beautiful weekend!